- 4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4–5 large)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup 1% milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake sweet potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet for 1 hour or until tender. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
Peel sweet potatoes and mash in a large bowl. Stir in milk, eggs, vanilla, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and salt. Spoon into a lightly greased 11-by-7-inch baking dish.
Melt butter in a medium glass bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon honey, oats, pecans and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown and heated through.
Serves: 16 | Serving Size: 1/2 cup (125 grams)
Per serving: Calories: 192; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 39mg; Sodium: 127mg; Carbohydrate: 30g; Dietary Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 7g; Protein: 5g